Uncontested Divorce- If you and your spouse have reached a 100% agreement on all matters regarding your divorce, then your divorce would be uncontested. Suppose you have agreed on the division of child custody, debts, and assets, then the divorce will go much smoother and faster. Contact us if you have any questions regarding your current situation.
What are the advantages of an uncontested divorce?
• Only one attorney is needed
• A brief hearing will take place
• It will be a faster process
• An efficient and least expensive way to obtain a Final Decree
If spouses cannot reach an agreement on one or more issues related to the divorce, than it is considered a contested divorce. A contested divorce is a long process requiring extensive litigation. Only the involved parties can arrive at a mutually agreeable outcome. If the divorce turns out to be high-conflict, then the time to complete the case lengthens, and the cost can become high. Regardless of your situation, give us a call to see if we can take your case.
What can you help me with?
• Filing a petition for divorce
• Temporary restraining orders
• Discovery and Property Division
Ready to take the next step?